Mekel Sebestyen Miller
- Family Law 95%
- Probate & Estate 5%
Mekel's is dedicated to helping individuals and families navigate the complexities of divorce and custody matters.
She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Albion College in 1997. With a background in business and banking, Mekel relocated to Washington DC where she worked for the Inspector General's Office of the FDIC while attending law school. After graduating from the Catholic University Law School in 2000, she returned home to Michigan where she began using her financial expertise to advise parties in divorce litigation.
Over the 20 year-career that has followed, Mekel has practiced in Michigan's toughest courts. Whether she is helping parents get the best outcomes for their children or guiding clients through the process of dividing unconventional assets and business interests, she is known providing the highest-quality legal advocacy and expertise in family law.
Outside of the courtroom, Mekel can be found hiking a trail with her dog (and sometimes her kids) or tending to her vegetable garden.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Albion College, Albion, Michigan
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science / Public Service
- Michigan, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
Current Employment Position
- Abood Law Firm , Attorney , 2018 to 2019
- Commonwealth Law Group, Partner/Owner, 2013 to 2018